Monday 14 July 2014

Paint on the walls again... DIY

I have a memo on my phone of all my favourite lyric lines, but I only read them when I go on to add more to the ever-growing list, so I decided to take some of those powerfully twisted words and to put them around my room.

I decided to use the lyrics "But who am I to tell fate where its supposed to go?" from Colbie Callats song amazing song Brighter than the Sun, which also goes with my map theme... kind-of... :)

What I used:

  • Lamp Black Acrylic paint
  • Water
  • Paintbrush and mixing stick
  • My paint cup
  • A pencil and rubber

Step one: Mix the paint and water to create a thinner solution (if you're using a thinner paint you can skip this step)

Step two: Draw out you lyrics onto the wall using the pencil. I went for my own handwriting font, but you can print off text to trace if you want a more specific finish.

Step three: Paint over your pencil outline using the paint (it's harder than your expect because you're at a strange angle) 

Step four: Wait for the paint to dry then rub out the pencil lines being careful not to smudge the paint (depending on the paints you use, this may or may not happen).

Ta Da!! Finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment