Tuesday 15 July 2014

Unique shoes DIY

I recently purchased a pair of new converse type shoes from New Look, and decided that I wanted to make them a little bit more unique. I have plain white ones with the simple black lines on the rubber sole. When deciding the decoration I wanted, I chose a simple black&white look with Aztec-y geometric-y patterns, but you can do anything you want!! That's the beauty of DIY, you can make it the way you want it :)

You will need:

  • Shoes (obviously!)
  • A pencil
  • A permanent marker or waterproof paints (I suggest acrylic)
  • Some idea of the decoration you want
  • Waterproofing/setting spray (optional, but recommended)
Step one: Draw out the design strait onto the shoes using the pencil (I did measuring and trial and error to get the right size and shape)

Step two: Go over the pencil lines using your pens or paint, there's really nothing to it!! I took a while since I only had a thin marker, so colouring larger areas took longer...

Step three (optional): Spray with the waterproofing or setting spray and off you go, personalised shoes!! Easy as :D
The finished shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment